I recently completed my “7 Days Behind Bars” series. In it you’ll read stories of events from each day of the week, snapshots of life behind bars. They’re essays of hope and fear, inspiration, happiness and crushing sadness. Above all else, they’re reality of life behind bars. For those of you who haven’t yet read these 7 postings, you’ll want to read them now:
- Monday a sexual predator strikes in “Training Murphy, and A Perv Strikes”
- Tuesday the mice run wild in “Mouse Racing & Social Distancing”
- Wednesday it’s the apocalypse in “La Isla Bonita”
- Thursday a dog to the rescue in “Religion Is The Smile On A Dog”
- Friday you’ll watch me for 52 seconds in “Moonwalking With Einstein”
- Saturday time is saved in a bottle in “If I Could Save Time In A Bottle”
- Sunday Death comes after 45 years.
I’m still stung by the way the week ended in my Sunday post. It’s events like that which gnaw at my me, and drive me all the more to write.
*There is no change without action.
One thought on “#35: Video Fridays in 60 Seconds — I Write This Blog for a Reason”
Sunday: Death Comes After 45 Years, is unthinkably sad. The series 7 Days Behind Bars was interesting, but to die on the day of your release after 45 years while your family is there waiting to pick you up.
Worse, for 45 years that man’s family waited for him to come home and to die the day of…I see why you write about the system, because it’s broken.